Elbert County and Simla Volunteer Fire District are in Stage II Burn Restrictions at this time.
Contact Us FIRST to obtain Open Burning Authorization before doing any open burning not allowed under this restriction.
By contacting us first! you help us to focus our resources in service to the many needs of our rural community with the crew and equipment we have available.
Stage II Burn Restrictions – And what they mean
Allowed WITHOUT Permit:
- Fires within liquid-fueled or gas fueled stoves, grills, fire pits or other gas/liquid-fueled appliances.
- Residential use of charcoal grills, smokers when supervised by a responsible person at least 18 years old
- Use of indoor fireplaces and wood burning stoves with an approved chimney spark arrestor
- Fire suppression or fire department training fires
- Discharge of firearms
Allowed WITH Permit:
- Small recreational fires contained in fixed permanent metal/steel fire pits (rock fire rings are considered temporary and not permanent) with falame lengths not more than 4 feet. Recreational pit dimensions shall not exceed 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet in depth.
- Outdoor welding or hot work
- Professional fireworks displays
- Use of educational rockes.